Monday, December 29, 2008

The First Post

So this is my first post on my brand new blog. I've had several blogs in the past, in middle school, but they were most likely stupid and insignificant. I enjoyed them anyway. I enjoyed having my very own site that I could change however I wanted, and write whatever I wanted. I think most of all, I liked having something that was all about me. If you went to my blog, you knew that you would read something that I wrote, most of the time about my life. And I liked looking back on old blog entries and recollecting what a fun day I had on the 21st of May in 2004.

To tell you the truth, I'm not entirely sure why I'm starting this blog. Maybe I want to chronicle the days of my life, or just be able to express myself... or maybe I want to regain that feeling of having something that's all mine. Something that belongs to me and is about me. I guess I'll find out one way or another, and so will you. We're all looking for something... and the purpose of this blog is just one of the many somethings for which I am looking.

So the first blog entry eh? What to write? I suppose the first question to ask myself should be: What should it be about? Not just this one entry, but the blog in general? It could be about anything really- politics, current events, music, fashion, something sentimental, a fond memory, a hobby of mine... Or perhaps it could be about what I did today (what I do every day), but nobody really wants to know that... There are probably millions and millions of blogs, not just on blogger, but on the entire Internet. They're about the things mentioned above as well as some things I haven't even thought about. I mean really, there's probably a blog exclusively for people who like to go fly fishing in Saskatchewan on Tuesdays. So what is my blog going to be about? What is going to be the one thing that sets it apart from all the other blogs in the universe?

I can only think of one thing... myself. Believe it or not, (I sometimes don't) there is absolutely nobody like me on the planet. Nobody has my life or my thoughts or my opinions or my interests. So this blog is just going to be about me. Whatever I choose to write, I will write. Not specifically about politics or entertainment or fashion or sports but not specifically about my every day either. I guess if you're really really interested, you'll just have to keep reading my posts. This should be interesting.

-Stephanie

2 comments: